What the Safe with 7 guidelines are and how they’re being used to help students return to school

It takes personal and shared responsibility to keep Mead High School safe

SVVSD+released+its+Safe+with+7+guidelines+this+school+year.+

SVVSD.com

SVVSD released its Safe with 7 guidelines this school year.

“Safe with 7” is a campaign put on by Saint Vrain School District (SVVSD). This program is meant to keep students and staff safe at school during the COVID-19 pandemic. It is a series of seven steps that school community members should follow before entering SVVSD public buildings. These rules are being implemented to insure safety.

If a student does show symptoms or is not feeling well during the school day, they need to let their teacher know. 

Mrs. Rachel Long, Mead High School’s health clerk, said “It is better to do it this way than to just call your parents to pick you up so I can keep track of who is ill.”

Students and staff should be tested for the virus and self isolate if they are experiencing symptoms. The Safe with 7 steps are to be followed by all students and staff.

However, it can be challenging to stay on top of these steps. 

“It’s easy to forget to take your temperature or assess how you feel before coming to school, and it’s really hard to constantly stay six feet away from friends.” Mrs. Long said. 

These are the suggested Safe with 7 steps:

1. Take temperature at home prior to coming to school.
  2. Stay home when you are sick or have COVID-19 symptoms.
  3. Stay hydrated and use a refillable water bottle.
  4. Wash hands regularly or use hand sanitizer.
  5. Use face masks appropriately and avoid touching your face.
  6. Social distance appropriately. 
  7. Engage in enjoyable activities that enhance your well being.

Mrs. Long says that everyone needs to take personal responsibility to keep our school community safe for learning. She believes it takes all of us to make this work. 

“I also hope students and staff remember to follow the last guideline: Engage in enjoyable activities. It’s so important right now for our mental health to do things we enjoy when we can do them safely,” said Mrs. Long. 

Stay safe, Mavericks!