Learning to grow above failure is important

Failure can manifest into success with a positive mindset
Raul Mares
If you have a goal then don’t give up and keep moving forward.

It’s essential to understand that success is not feasible without experiencing failure. When failure happens, we can either learn from the defeat and improve, or allow it to discourage us. It may sound cliche, but it’s the truth — failure is necessary to build success, even if it doesn’t feel great.

One of the many people who exemplify this is Thomas Edison, the inventor who illuminated the lightbulb. Before Edison became well-known, he faced about 10,000 or more failed attempts in the process of his invention. Once Edison invented the lightbulb, he said, “I have not failed. I’ve just found 10,000 ways that won’t work”.  

Edison’s former teachers said he was “too stupid to learn anything”. Not only was he doubted and looked down upon by his mentors, but he was also fired from his first two jobs due to his lack of productivity. 

Edison was someone who, no matter how many times he failed, kept going and now is one of the greatest inventors of all time with a few thousand US patents to his name, along with others in the UK and Canada.

A music artist that goes by the name Jay-Z is another person whose demonstrated that although failure is unenjoyable, if you power through and keep it from negatively affecting you, great things will come.

In 1994, Jay-Z tried to strike a record deal repeatedly, but not a single label would sign him. In turn, he established Roc-A-Fella-Records with Damon Dash and Kareem Biggs. Dedicated to striking a deal for his first album, Jay-Z successfully negotiated a contract with Priority. Later, he released his album “Reasonable Doubt” which sold more than a million copies in the United States. 

Despite multiple challenges throughout his career, Jay-Z has refused to let them halt him. Instead, his failure has allowed him to mature and grow a better version of himself. 

Failure is a necessary step in becoming great, so don’t allow something that doesn’t go as planned overcome you. Instead, work around it and push to make your dreams come true. The victory will feel more rewarding after you’ve put all your effort into something.