Ziggi’s incorporates chai drinks to support greater cause

Ziggi’s chai purchases on Jan. 11 helped support human trafficking prevention
Drink+Chai.+Do+good.+
Savanah Bayer
Drink Chai. Do good.

This month, Ziggi’s Coffee participated in a chai fundraiser in acknowledgment of human trafficking prevention on Jan. 11. Each Ziggis location is involved with the fundraiser. 

About 27.6 million people are victims of human trafficking worldwide. January is a month dedicated to national human trafficking awareness and prevention. 

Ziggis fundraiser essentially takes every chai purchase and one dollar will go towards the donation from CharlieJoe Chai, the vendor of creating chai with positive intentions. So by purchasing a chai, it moves towards a greater cause. 

Furthermore, there is a variety of chai drinks or modifications Ziggis offers. Three of the main chai drinks are the Original Chai, Vanilla Bee Chai, and Spicy Chai.

The chai business supports other organizations in resolving human trafficking. Each donation will be directed to rescuing children’s tragedies. 

CharlieJoe Chais mission is to accomplish a significant impact resulting in ending human trafficking. “I was told early on that I would make $1 million selling Chai, but I don’t want to make $1 million, I want to save 1 million children. We know that’s a lofty goal, so we are starting with the goal of raising $1 million and we are already 1/10 of the way there,” said Charles Ciepiel, the founder of CharlieJoe Chai.