Lorde’s album ‘Pure Heroine’ is a masterpiece

The title of ‘grammy-winning-album’ is well deserved
Pure Heroine iis Lorde’s first album, released in September of 2013 by Universal, Lava, and Republic Records

Pure Heroine consists of ten songs and has a running time of 37 minutes. Throughout these ten tracks, Lorde produces an upbeat and electric tone sure to engage listeners.

Lorde’s track list on this album is absolutely vibrant, talking about the “teenage experience.” The opener for this album is “Tennis Court,” which perfectly captures the rest of the album’s beats and instruments.

Lorde became an international hit in 2013 with her debut studio album Pure Heroine. The artist skyrocketed to fame with her 2013 hit “Royals” from this same album.

This entire album is genius and has paved her path to fame, where she now has three studio albums, four extended plays, 11 singles, and 13 music videos.

At the striking age of 17, her album Pure Heroine earned Lorde her first Grammy, making her the youngest artist ever to win a Grammy award for song of the year.

Lorde’s fourth song on the album is “Ribs,” which has become a huge hit over the years and is one of my personal favorite songs on this album. “Ribs” parallels and captures the feeling of growing up. The lyrics include this chilling line: “I’ve never felt more alone / it feels so scary getting old.”

There is a perfect resemblance in the relationship between leaving your childhood and growing up all through this album. Throughout each of these 10 songs, Lorde either sings  directly about growing up or discusses the “teenage dream,” which she compares to a fever dream.

Pure Heroine’s messages involve further exploration of themes of youth and critiques mainstream culture, exploring materialism, fame, consumer culture, and social status.

The end song for this album is “A World Alone,” where the lyrics are repetitive and say:

“You’re my best friend, and we’re dancing in a world alone / World alone, we’re all alone / I know we’re not everlasting / We’re a train wreck waiting to happen / One day the blood won’t flow so I gladly / One day we’ll all get still / Get still / The people are talking, people are talking / The people are talking, people are talking.”

This song sends a message about how we might as well live and feel everything because we were all doing this for the first time in “a world alone.”

The genre for this album is alternative, indie, and pop, capturing Lorde’s pathway to fame by talking about leaving her childhood.

I overall give this album an 11/10, as it has some of the best-produced songs in Lorde’s music career. My top three favorite songs from this album, in order, are: “Ribs”, “Royals” and “Team”.