‘How To Train Your Dragon’ is a movie depicting the beauty of being yourself

Despite this movie being almost 13 years in March, it still is one of the best movies I’ve watched
The moment Hiccup gave the dragon the name Toothless.

How to Train Your Dragon is about a young teen wanting to change how Vikings and dragons see and live with one another.

The setting takes place in Berk, a mythical village on a mountain landscape surrounded by water. The village was inhabited by Vikings and described as a cold place with a dragon problem.

A 15-year-old teen Viking named Hiccup is the protagonist of the movie. In his village, he is viewed as weak and incapable of helping out with dragons even though, in Berk, defeating dragons means everything to the Vikings. To add on, his father is the chief of the village, meaning he is held to high standards. At first, he wants to prove to everyone in Berk that he can meet these high standards by defeating a dragon

While the village was under attack by a group of dragons, Hiccup managed to hit the most dangerous dragon with an invention he created to launch bolas from the forest. Hiccup finds the dragon and that he lost a part of his tail. After freeing the dragon, Hiccup continuously checks on him, as he is unable to fly. Hiccup brought the dragon fish to eat and they began to bond with one another.

Hiccup soon realized that the dragon was toothless which later inspired him to name this dragon Toothless. As time went on, Hiccup began to help Toothless by making a new tail. After many failed attempts, not only did he manage to create the dragon a new functioning tail, but he also became the first Viking to ride a dragon.

Towards the end, Hiccup shows everyone in the village that dragons aren’t as scary as they thought. Dragons are just as scared of the Vikings as the Vikings are scared of them. Hiccup shows everyone that humans and dragons can live together.

I liked this movie because it shows that you don’t have to try so hard to be something you’re not and you can find happiness in being yourself, the same way Hiccup realized he didn’t have to be a Viking who slays dragons and instead he could become friends with one.

I would rate this movie a 9/10.