Junior recommends five courses for registration

There are several courses at Mead High that are recommended for incoming juniors
Preparing+for+the+following+grade+is+essential.+
Mason Willyard
Preparing for the following grade is essential.

The time of year for registration is soon, and students must take into account classes for their schedules. With this approaching, and my junior year coming to an end, there are several classes I recommend for incoming juniors to enroll in. The following are available classes for juniors:

1. AP Language and Composition
  2. AP Research
  3. Speech and Debate
  4. Childhood Adolescent development
  5. Interpersonal Relationships
  6. Anatomy and Physiology

AP Language and Composition is a year-long class, taken as either an English 11 class or an elective course for those apart from juniors. In this class, students learn how to fluently write and analyze in a given amount of time. This class also helps students understand and learn how to speak with strong language skills concisely. Along with this, the course contains material on rhetoric and argumentative writing.

AP Research is a course for individual students with year-long research projects. The class allows students to have full creativity with their selected topic of research. The project is designed to be set at a student’s own pace. AP Research is best suited for juniors or seniors after taking AP Seminar (typically taken in the sophomore year) because students have the opportunity to demonstrate research skills. The skills developed in this course set a student up for success in college.

Speech and Debate is also a year-long elective class. In this class, which can be taken at any grade level, students learn complex research skills, learn how to publicly speak in front of an audience, and learn how to ask questions and back up their evidence. This class teaches social skills students will use throughout their lives and appropriate ways to use these skills.

Child and Adolescent Development and Interpersonal Relationships are both semester-long courses. These electives contain an in-depth look at health. For example, the elective courses teach students how to properly care for children, better understand aspects of parenting, and identifying health and toxic relationships. Life skills that are beneficial for students’ knowledge are covered through Child and Adolescent Development and Interpersonal Relationships classes. This class is highly recommended as it delves into things most high school students do not fully understand.

Anatomy and Physiology is a year-long science course that can be taken in either junior or senior year. Though there are several other available science courses, anatomy and physiology teach students all about the bones, muscles, and functions of the human body, which can come into play if a student wants to go into the medical, veterinary, or any body-related field after high school. Anatomy and Physiology teaches students about their bodily autonomy and how it works.

There are many other courses available to take into consideration for your future, but I highly recommend these valuable classes for any junior.