How to find and purchase your Mead spirit gear this year

During such a difficult school year, we don’t have the normally offered in-person methods of getting MHS spirit gear to wear

Arizona Lee

A student displays their collection of Mead spirit gear.

Mead High’s most recent Spirit Week (back in October) didn’t really have a lot of participation, probably because buying spirit gear is harder this year. Last year, Mead had in-person shopping methods for its students, but that isn’t the case now for obvious reasons. 

Students and families can safely get their gear by visiting the Spirit Shop website for custom apparel and sportswear. There are T-shirts, hoodies, hats, bags, blankets, and even coffee mugs for the students that want to show off their MHS spirit while sipping at a steaming hot latte. The Spirit Shop also supplies many brands, including Adidas, Augusta, Champro, and Hanes.

The Spirit Store also has apparel for basketball, softball, baseball, volleyball, football, and other sports for the many student athletes of Mead High. There are also great options for the artists, actors, and musicians. The many gear options in this shop can be customized to best fit each individual student.

An additional, though lesser known, spirit store is Prep Sportswear. It has more great options for students to share their school spirit. This shop and webpage is mostly focused on the more athletic side of high school spirit wear. The apparel is also customizable, allowing every student to show off their school enthusiasm however they choose to.

If you’re looking for spirit gear that is specifically catered towards The Mav newspaper, a great place to go is the Mav Student Newspaper Merchandise google form. This can be found on the home screen of the official Mav Newspaper website (www.mavnewspaper.com) under “Mav Merch”. There you can purchase a Mead cup that can be customized with The Mav decals. The decals are also sold separately and can be used as bumper stickers, iPad decor, etc. It is very easy to purchase the cup and/or decal. Just fill out a quick order form, and you’ll receive your items from a newspaper staff member. Additionally, the purchase will support your local school newspaper.

There are so many easy and accessible ways that students can share their school spirit, whether it’s with a cup that holds their icy beverage or the burnt orange shirt that they show off in the frame of their WebEx meetings. Go Mavs!