Attracting attention at award shows, the “GlamBOT” has become a wildly popular pop culture phenomenon

A high-speed slow-motion camera has taken the internet by storm
+Ariana+Grande+is+the+reigning+queen+of+the+GlamBOT.%0A
Deposit Photos – Jean_Nelson
Ariana Grande is the reigning queen of the GlamBOT.

Created by Canadian filmmaker Cole Walliser, “GlamBOT,”  a high-speed slow-motion camera, has been used at various high-profile award ceremonies. Used to capture slow-motion, dynamic videos of celebrities, Walliser and his “GlamBOT” have seen a lot of success, gaining millions of views on the popular social media platform TikTok.

Film and media came naturally to Cole, as he began filming collaborations with Miley Cyrus and PINK shortly after moving to LA. Working alongside many female pop stars like Katy Perry, Tinashe, Cher, Britney Spears, and so on, Cole was approached by E! Entertainment to direct a red carpet camera they called “GlamBOT.”

2017 was the year of luck for Walliser and E! when floods of success filled their media outlets after posting behind-the-scenes clips of the GlamBOT to YouTube. This skyrocketed the success of the GlamBOT and Walliser’s careers, grossing 278,000 subscribers following the original claim to fame both had.

Set on a robotic arm, the GlamBOT utilizes the animatronics to allow for movement in the photo. The creation of GlamBOT added a unique touch to the average red carpet show, creating an immersive, enveloping experience for viewers in person and on social media. Used to emphasize celebrities’ makeup, outfits, and facial features, the little lens is used to further glamorize the ostentatious wide-lens perspective of an all-inclusive award show for the media’s elite.

Catching the eyes of many viewers, GlamBOT became an award show staple when Ariana Grande made her famous debut in her bouncy, ballroom, strapless, grey, custom Giambattista Valli dress at the 2020 Grammys. When preparing for the 2024 Oscars GlamBOT, Ariana said, “I’m scared because last time it was so good.”

Nearing the end of award show season, the GlamBOT has seen red carpets from the Grammys, Oscars, Golden Globes, and Emmys this year. Notable appearances include (once again) Ariana Grande in her blush pink satin wrap dress she stood out in during the 2024 Oscars; Dua Lipa’s strong “face card,”  shown beyond a fiery red mane and glistening silver fringe dress from the 2024 Grammys; and the intense duo Lana Del Rey and Taylor Swift in a yin-yang-inspired doubleheader black and white ensemble also at the 2024 Grammys.