Where are they going?: Aeden Kaplan

Welcome to The Mav’s Senior Tradition, where we highlight our current seniors and discuss where they are headed
Greg Krause
Aeden is excited to wrap up his senior year on a good note.

Aeden Kaplan (‘24) plans to attend Concordia University Wisconsin (CUW) to major in Lutheran theology and minor in biblical languages. He plans to use this to become a Lutheran Pastor.

Music is an important part of Kaplan’s life as well as in his high school career. 

“My relationship with music is intense. It’s something that it’s hard to describe. I feel like we all swim in the mystery of music. [We] don’t really know why we like it, but there’s a reason we like it.” 

Kaplan also said that, “Music is something that’s helped me emotionally and with my mental health. Anytime I’m feeling sad, angry, depressed, or happy — music is always there to help.”

Kaplan’s talent didn’t just appear out of nowhere, though. He is inspired by many different artists and genres but specifically recalls many different metal and thrash bands. He attributes PanteraJudas PriestRonnie James DioJoey Jordison of Slipknot, Jay Weinberg of Slipknot, and Symphony X to his love for music.

He also cites his love for church hymns as a source of inspiration and explains that he often meshes the two genres together. 

“I like to pick up a guitar in Drop C, and like to look at my hymnal — and just make some metal hymns,” Kaplan said. 

Kaplan makes his love for music known by involving himself in practically everything. He’s participated in Mead High’s marching band, symphonic band, advanced jazz band, pit orchestra, pep band, and drumline

Kaplan advises not to take everything for granted. “[For] Incoming seniors, I just say make yourself make your last year a good year… you’re gonna kick yourself if you’re just like, I graduated high school, but I didn’t accomplish everything I wanted to — and you’re not always going to do that.”

We wish Kaplan good luck in his future and look forward to seeing him make it big and follow his aspirations.