Where are they going?: Braeden Corliss

Welcome to The Mav’s Senior Tradition where we highlight our current seniors and discuss where they are headed
Kelly Rivera
Braeden Corliss (‘24) plans on majoring in kinesiology at UC Boulder or CSU Fort Collins.

Braeden Corliss (‘24) is a senior at Mead High and is in the direction of attending college next year. A few options in mind are Colorado State University in Fort Collins — which Braeden has been admitted to — or the University of Colorado Boulder. 

“I’m very interested in helping people be able to run better,” said Braeden.

Braeden plans on majoring in kinesiology, and through this major, he intends to enter a physical therapy career. This interest aligns closely with his impressive running career, beginning in the sixth grade–full of determination.  

Despite fracturing his leg in sophomore year and going through physical therapy, Braeden has met the challenge: making it into the state team twice for cross-country, as well as for track. He will be going into the varsity team next semester before he leaves. With much dedication in sports along with school, Braeden has learned valuable lessons, one being that hard work pays off.  

Braeden said, “You gotta put your mind to whatever you’re doing. I mean, what’s the point of doing something not to your full potential. That’s really what I’ve learned.”

He recommended that high schoolers should avoid procrastination, and he emphasized how important it is to get work done.

The prospect of leaving school has been bittersweet, but he believes that it is ultimately worth it. Leaving the numerous people that Braeden has met over the years hurts, but he feels, “it’s all worth it because I got to spend time with those people and build those relationships and build those connections.”

As the saying goes, luck is what happens when opportunity meets preparation. With his spirit of determination, we wish—and know—that Braeden will have success in his plans and look forward to him achieving his dreams.