Where are they going?: Elicia Sandoval

Welcome to The Mav’s senior tradition where we highlight our current seniors and discuss where they are headed
Brynn Koger
Elicia plans to travel the world after graduation

After high school, Elicia Sandoval (‘24) plans to take a gap year to travel the world. She will visit Australia, Thailand, and Japan in the spring and start at Fort Lewis College the following autumn. She doesn’t quite know what she wants to study in college, but knows she wants to become a flight attendant.

Her gap year came from her love of traveling: “I just wanted to take a break before going back to school.”

Elicia credits Ms. Mackey, her theater tech director, for being such a big part of her high school career. In theater, she has made lots of new friends and learned valuable life skills that will stick with her forever.

She has been involved in Sound of Music, Our Town, Seussical, Shakespeare in Love, The Greek Mythology Olympiaganza, and Cinderella. Elicia’s favorite show is Seussical. “It was a really fun and funny production to put on,” she said.

Since stage tech has become so prominent in her high school career, Elicia enjoyed the close bond of the program: “You get to make so many new friends that you get really close with.”

During her time at Mead, Elicia will remember the moments at lunch she spent with her friends. “My favorite memories from high school have been spending time with my friends during lunch.”

Elicia credits her mom, Ms. Sandoval, for being a big supporter in her life. She loves having her at Mead because she can go talk to her in the middle of the day, but that luxury comes at a price. “It’s challenging because she definitely pushes me to be a good student.”

We wish Elicia safe travels and good luck after high school in her future endeavors.