Where are They Going?: Deakan Disanti

Welcome to The Mav’s senior tradition, where we highlight our current seniors and discuss where they are headed
Shrevon Disanti
Deakan Disanti enjoyed his wrestling career, starting back in seventh grade.

Deakan Disanti (‘24) plans on working after high school and joining the Marine Corps, something that his family had wanted him to explore as a career.

His interest has always been physical education, with his favorite classes being P.E. courses, including Ironworks, specifically. He enjoyed that Ironworks was open to all students because he didn’t have to get a gym membership to pursue his weightlifting. His weightlifting progress and abilities are something that he has taken pride in at school. He also enjoys ballgames and calisthenics, with pushing his athletic limits being a major priority.

Since seventh grade, Deakan has been wrestling, with many of his favorite memories from high school coming from his wrestling team and the meetings they would have. The most important thing about wrestling—the thing that he loved the most—was the discipline it took. He found that wrestling was good for his mental health but decided that for his senior year, it would be better not to continue.

Over the years of high school, he feels that he’s changed, saying, “I’m a lot more calm. I’m a lot less energetic than I used to be.”

He views this as making him more mature over the years.

For students that are in their senior year or are about to be, he says, “Take it slow. This is your last year.”

Even as he is about to graduate, he still finds enjoyment in smaller things, like Mr. Duncan’s English class, a teacher that started at Mead this year, emphasizing the importance of enjoying your senior year and not being impatient in getting out.

One of his favorite teachers was Ms. Bradt, currently an English and Special Education teacher at Mead, who was able to control an unruly classroom. He looks up to her ability to moderate and control herself even when everything around her is telling her not to, and to redirect that behavior.

This is something that he looks forward to when joining the Marines: being able to build strong bonds with others and pursue his interests in physical and mental endurance, something necessary to fight for this country. His hard work will hopefully pay off as he joins the military, and students wish the very best for him.