Where are they going?: Kensington Fairley

Welcome to the Mav’s senior tradition, where we highlight our current seniors and discuss where they are headed
Kensington+will+continue+to+pursue+her+acting+career+through+CU+Denver.+
Naomi Johnston
Kensington will continue to pursue her acting career through CU Denver.

Kensington Fairley (‘24) plans on going to the University of Colorado Denver in the fall of 2024 for a minor in performance for television and a major in communication for media.

To prepare, Kensington has participated in musical and production theater for three years, as well as band for four years. She has done four years of marching band, concert, and symphonic band.

Fairley has participated in musical theater since her sophomore year, where she really “fell in love with it.” Now she plans on making it part of her career.

Kensington applied to almost every Colorado college, including community colleges, but she’s “really locked in on CU Denver” and has already been accepted. She also looked into SCAD, the Savannah College of Art and Design in Georgia, but is planning on staying in-state.

Kensi’s favorite part of high school is musical theater. She feels like one of the best things is when someone tells her that they joined theater because the influence she brought when performing was inspiring. It has also helped her make many friends over the years through musical theater and different school bands.

Her biggest advice to anyone is “if it makes you happy, do it for yourself and don’t do it for other people,” and specifically to incoming freshmen, she explained that making friends is a very important part of high school. She says, “Always be yourself, and people will naturally be attracted to you as a person.”

We wish Kensington luck as she continues her acting career through CU Denver!