Where are they going?: Asia Park

Welcome to The Mav’s senior tradition, where we highlight our current seniors and discuss where they are headed
Tonya Dee Photography
Asia parks was involved with many activites in her high school career

Asia Park (‘24) is concluding her high school career with a plethora of memories and growth throughout her four years oh high school. Asia plans to attend Colorado Mesa University (CMU) to major in kinesiology and focus on occupational therapy.

Asia has always been interested in entering the medical field but came to the realization that nursing, due to the gory aspect, was not ideal for her.

Luckily, she’s had experience with occupational therapy in the past. “I broke my arm in 2015, and I’ve had to go in and out of physical therapy and occupational therapy,” said Asia. It’s helped guide her down this path.

During her high school career, Park has participated in many extracurricular activities and electives, with her favorites being theater, choir, and swimming. Some of Asia’s most cherished memories include putting on a show for the high school. Her favorite one was The Seussical.

“I was a bird girl, and it was my favorite because it was [a] very bubbly and energetic show,” she said.

Alongside theater, she’s had many memorable moments in jazz choir and swimming. She’s been ecstatic to compete again in swim meets with a supportive team behind her. Both communities have allowed her to have a place she feels she belongs.

Some of Asia’s accomplishments include all the activities she lettered in.

“I lettered in cheer all three years I was in, and I lettered in choir for two years, same as theater, and then, I lettered academically all four years.”

Asia encourages those starting high school to join the activities or classes that follow their personal interests. She believes it’s a great time to try new things and find passions. 

“If you have an interest, join it. You don’t have to stay, and if you don’t like it, there isn’t any pressure.” She said.

Ms. Mackey, Ms. Berry, and Ms. Tyma are all teachers who helped Asia grow throughout high school. Asia appreciated these teachers for the advice and guidance they offered. These teachers offered a balance of character and perspectives, advocating for Asia to push forward.

“They were all really welcoming.” She said. 

As Asia concludes her high school experience, be sure to wish her luck as she moves towards a great career path in occupational therapy.