Where are they going?: Josh Halsey

Welcome to The Mav’s Senior Tradition where we highlight our current seniors and discuss where they are headed
Madison Crank
Josh has a wonderful future ahead of him

Josh Halsey (‘24) has grown a lot since his freshman year and will continue to have an amazing future ahead of him.

Josh has been an outstanding student here at Mead High School all four years, and he hopes to be remembered as a “nice person… who’s a good friend… also the MavTV weather guy.”

Josh has been a very active participant in school as well.

His favorite teacher is Mr. Duncan because “he’s relatable, he’s funny, but he also knows when to cut back on his humor.”

Mr. Duncan, however, isn’t the only teacher who’s had a big impact on Josh. Josh also said, “Ms. Hedlun has inspired me… She’s the reason I am in journalism and can see myself having a future in it.”

While Josh has been a stellar student, he’s also been an amazing athlete. Josh was a part of Mead High School football from his freshman year to his junior year, where he would continuously swing up to play varsity.

Josh has transitioned from football to a hockey league in his junior year, and he plays for the High Plains. Josh started playing hockey when he was a kid but has been in and out of the sport until he recently returned. Hockey has been a huge part of Josh’s life, and depending on where his future leads him, he might continue to play in college.

Josh has two separate career paths he’s headed towards, depending on what life throws at him.

He said, “I think I was just going to take a gap semester because I feel like if I took a whole year off, I might lose my momentum, but I also wanna take a little bit of time to be 100 percent sure of what I wanna do.”

Josh’s two different career paths consist of either going into the Air Force or going to college for criminal justice, where he plans to major in criminal justice and minor in journalism.

One of the colleges he’s been looking at is CCU—Colorado Christian University. Both the Air Force and something in the criminal justice system, such as the FBI or detective work, are some of Josh’s dream jobs. Though he’s still taking time to decide where life is heading, he has many options and plans ahead of him.

Josh’s biggest piece of advice for incoming seniors and any high school students is: “Try as hard as you can because a lot of people [have fun first and are] serious later, but what they don’t realize is that now is when that seriousness has to start. You have to start it as soon as you can.”

We wish Josh a bright and happy future wherever he ends up.