Where are they going?: Michael Reeder

Welcome to The Mav’s senior tradition, where we highlight our current seniors and discuss where they are headed
Rugged Grace Photography
Micheal will continue working towards his dream of becoming a music teacher.

Michael Reeder (‘24) is leaving high school behind with a bunch of cherish-able friendships and memories.

Michael plans to attend Colorado State University (CSU) for four years to get his bachelor’s in musical education. He then plans to attend an out-of-state college to get his master’s degree in musical theater. With this education, Michael hopes to become a music teacher while also auditioning for shows on the side. This is something Michael has been very passionate about.

“This has been a lifelong dream for me, [so] I’m so happy to finally be pursuing it.”

Michael has a lot of good memories from high school, but some of his favorites include all of the theater productions he has been able to be a part of, specifically the production of Seussical.

“We had an almost sold-out audience, which was crazy, and it was just packed, and it was just amazing.”

During high school, Michael has been involved in lots of activities, the main ones being theater, choir, and band for all four years. Some of Michael’s accomplishments include getting a lead role in every theater show starting his sophomore year, along with making both honor choir and all-state choir each year he was eligible to.

Michael advises underclassmen to get involved as much and as soon as they can. He claims it is the best way to make true and lasting connections with your peers while in high school.

“You really will find your people and the ones that you want to spend time with within and outside of school in those other communities that are outside of the classroom.”

Ms. Mackey has helped Michael in all aspects throughout high school, and he deeply appreciates all the things that she has done for him. Michael feels as though she has made a big impact on him, and he wouldn’t be the same without her.

“She’s done so much. What hasn’t she done? Honestly, I just love and adore her so much.”

Michael has our best wishes coming his way as he continues on his pathway to studying at CSU in hopes of becoming a music teacher.

View Comments (1)