MHS homecoming spirit week is Sept. 13 – 17

Spirit week has arrived! Here’s what students need to know to prepare.

Aiden Owen

Show Maverick pride next week by participating in the spirit week hosted by Student Council.

This week at Mead High is homecoming spirit week! We are all so excited to see what students will come up with. Our peers are encouraged to have fun and be creative with their attire. Each day of the week is built around a theme, all of which can be achieved with different outfits and simple accessories.

The daily spirit week themes will start on Monday, Sept. 13, with “Greek Life.” Students can show off merchandise from the colleges they want to attend, dress up as a college student, or dress as a fraternity or sorority member. Dressing as a frat or sorority member is always a good option to consider if you’re unsure of what to wear. 

Tuesday, Sept. 14 is celebrity or character day! Students can dress up as their celebrity crush or their favorite cartoon character. Have fun coming up with outfits. Participants can show off favorite characters from different TV shows such as Friends, Stranger Things, The Office, and more!

On Wednesday, Sept. 15 students can partake in Hawaiian or beach day. Students can wear leis or “lay back and relax” at the beach in their Hawaiian shirt! This festive Hawaiian attire can also include flowered button up shirts, hula skirts, flip flops, etc. If you’re unsure on what to wear, here are some great ideas!  

Thursday, Sept. 16 is “Fancy in Black & White” — wear your finest attire. Students are welcome to sport ties, dresses, jackets, and so on. Show how proper Mead High can be!

Finally, Friday, Sept. 17 –the day of the homecoming game— show off your school spirit by wearing your favorite MHS gear. Let’s all wear that orange with pride! If you’re unsure on where to get Mead gear, visit Spirit Shop and Prep Sportswear, or check in with Ms. Shields in the front office for more information.