Updated bell schedule generates changes to Mav20 and lunches

The new 2022-2023 MHS bell schedule has been released with some new notable changes

Jamie Hedlun

Freshman enter the hallways of Mead High School on the first day of the 2022-2023 school year.

Ana Carrillo, Editor

On Aug. 5, the Mead student body and families received an email with notable changes to the bell schedules. The email contained vital information to know about this school year.

One of the most important details is the new bell schedule.

This year’s schedule at Mead High carries several adjustments that differ from last year. Last year, the daily schedule consisted of 85 minute classes and an advisory class (Mav20) after student’s second block (A2 or B6), which lasted 20 minutes. Students were then sent off to their next class or lunch, depending on their lunch schedule for the day.

This year, students will have 90 minute classes everyday except for Wednesday. Students will attend Mav20/Advisory on Wednesdays that are not PLC (Late Start) days, which will last 45 minutes, making all other blocks that day 80 minutes long. 

The email, released from MHS administration, stated, “Students who attend CETC and IC during their Mav20/Advisory period will coordinate with their professors to make up for the tasks they miss. This schedule change will continue to respect the students’ [seven] minute passing periods.”

Students will continue to have two different lunch periods; these will be determined by the wing location of their A3 or B7 class instead of what subject it falls under, such as science or art.

The 2022-2023 bell schedule has been released to students and families.