The CU Buffs have lots to look forward to with Coach Prime in charge

Buffs fans have to be excited about the CU Buffs trajectory following their first two wins this season
Dave Adamson on Unsplash
Coach Prime paves success during new season.

The CU Buffs are doing great so far this season with the Sanders boys making everything look easy after these first couple of games. With the future of football under Deion Sanders, also known as Coach Prime, CU fans are bound to be stoked.

This updated CU offense is exciting. The talent on this offense is like talent seen on the Kansas City Chiefs or the Cincinnati Bengals. Travis Hunter and Shedeur Sanders make a perfect WR/QB duo, totaling 629 yards combined in the first game alone. Sander’s ability to run is impressive, however, his accuracy is unmatched in college football — he completed 91.2% of his passes in week one. Sheduer continues to sling dime after dime to his receivers, some of whom are the best in college football. Not to mention, Travis Hunter’s sticky hands continue to provide an easy target for the near-perfect quarterback. Hunter’s receiving doesn’t stay solely within the offensive game either, but is also proving to be vital to their defensive success as well.

The Buffs’ defense has developed into a legion of boom-like force. Their formidable run and pass defense forced four turnovers –three fumbles and an interception — in their recent bout with the Nebraska Cornhuskers. It’s obvious that the Buffs stampede went straight through the Cornhusker’s crop in this game, especially during the second half. The Buffs’ defense is intense and mean, and Coach Prime hopes to keep it that way. 

On the Moser, Lombardi and Kane sports radio show, Jean-Jacques Taylor made a special appearance talking about Sanders. Taylor is the author of Deion Sanders and The Making of Men, a biography on Deion Sanders’ transition to becoming Coach Prime at CU. On the show, Taylor says “he is never ever coaching in the national football league, never” in response to the question of how long Deion Sanders will be coaching at CU. “I really don’t see him having the desire to leave. He’ll have everything he wants. He’ll be able to recruit, he’ll have nature with him, and I think he’ll be there for a minute as long as those other places and other entities let him do what he [does],” said John-Jacques Taylor.

So that settles it: Coach Prime is here to stay.

CU fans have a lot to look forward to with Deion Sanders as the head coach and manager of the Buffs’ football team. The Buffaloes’ exciting offense and intense defense has already made this team a likely contender for the College Football Playoff National Championship. Even if the team doesn’t win a major championship, the Buffs have already won as many games as they did last season and shows major improvement from last year, which can be seen as just important as winning a national championship. CU football fans will only continue to have their minds blown over the course of Deion Sanders’ reign here at CU.

For now, Deion Sanders is going to keep doing what he does best, win football games.