Teacher Feature: Mr. Reese

Students are grateful for Mr. Reese’s contributions to Mead
Coach+Reese+is+an+integral+part+of+the+MHS+PE+department.+
Coach Reese is an integral part of the MHS PE department.

Coach Reese has worked at Mead High School since 2010 and teaches core PE, invasion and field, and net and target. He is also the head coach for varsity basketball.

Reese has two kids, a daughter and a son, who attend Mead Middle School. One is in sixth grade and the other is in eighth grade.
Before teaching at Mead, he worked at St. John The Evangelist Catholic School where started teaching PE for six years.

St. John The Evangelist Catholic School is K-8. During his working there, he taught elementary and middle schoolers.

“I’ve been lucky enough to teach all levels,” he said.

While Coach Reese was in high school, he played baseball, basketball, and volleyball. His dream job as a kid was to play sports professionally, though when he realized that wouldn’t work out, he dreamed of coaching and teaching others.

“I knew I wanted to teach [specifically PE] pretty early on. I’ve always enjoyed sports and definitely had some good teachers and coaches that I looked up to.”

When asked about his favorite part of his job, he said, “The students, the different personalities, and the interactions with them on a daily basis. You never really know what to expect. Mainly good. They make every day different.”

View Comments (2)