Junior college provides the same opportunities as a four-year institution at a lesser cost, making it a good choice for many (Opinion)

Students can benefit from furthering their education at a junior or community college
Unsplash—Sir Manuel
There are many opportunities for seniors and their post secondary plans.

A junior college is a good option that, it seems, young people don’t know about or perhaps appreciate.

There are many advantages to junior college and community college for students who want to stay close to home, save money, and get their grades up before transferring to a four-year school or university—it’s a good option for students who struggle with keeping a good GPA and students who aren’t really sure what they want to do as well.

For those who still would like the feel of college but don’t plan on going for super long or are too questionable to commit to a four-year program right away, some junior colleges and community colleges offer many similarities, like dorm rooms that are just as nice as a four-year program, with smaller class sizes, free parking, and lots of other benefits.

There are many different options that many people don’t look into.

Attending a junior college can help you be more prepared by getting you through community college courses, which have many benefits for students. Once you finish those two years at a junior college or community college, those grades can be transferred to a university or any school of your choice.

Attending a junior college can be particularly beneficial for student-athletes, according to Mike Babich, a recruiter and blogger.

The majority of junior colleges and community colleges offer scholarships and access to financial aid. Overall, they’re more affordable and accessible than four-year colleges and universities, though. The class schedules can be more flexible, and for some lifestyles and career path choices, community and junior college can be a better fit.

Although it’s debatable, the general consensus is that community college courses may be easier for students to do well in than university courses. CC courses can be a lot easier for students to do well in than regular university classes.

Junior college and community college are not for everyone, as there are many benefits to four-year universities. Four-year preferences and circumstances will determine what is right for you, but it is better to understand all of the options you have and learn about them so you can make a smart decision when continuing with a career path.