Changing hair symbolizes a readiness for change in life (Commentary)

With different hair I was able to access new feelings
Krissy Potter
My blonde and brunette, along with other hair colors have shown me different aspects of my identity

Hair may not seem to hold significant value, but in reality, it holds memories; from a big chop to dying your hair it can signify a new chapter in your life.

Subtly changing your hair can symbolize a huge step forward in life and ultimately reveal a new era. Many, especially women, have a desire to frequently alter their hair to feel a prominent change.

I have changed my hair a lot within the last four years and, personally, love a new look. Through the past four years, I have dyed my hair black, gotten major haircuts, and switched my hair color several times. I’ve also done spontaneous and bright colors.

Hair has always been an outlet for different types of feelings—I have absolutely loved my dark hair. My dark hair gave me a spiritual sense of self. Dark hair gave me a religious outlook and made me feel more connected to myself. I favor my dark hair and constantly notice its absence. Dark hair made me feel closer to my identity and who I am. It felt like a big peak of my hair era, but I decided to resonate back to my roots by going blonde.

On the other hand, my blonde hair evokes a feeling of peace, contentedness, and brightness. Blonde hair releases a blossoming feeling within me. With lighter hair, I feel more approachable and open, with a kinder vibe. Not only has lighter hair affected my outlook but also my mindset and aura.

I’ve also thought about changing my hair to auburn black. I constantly consider dying my hair back to black and am in a recurring dilemma over what hair color I prefer for myself. Every once in a while, I consider and dwell over what hair color is my favorite, but I am still always spontaneous in my choice of hair color. I love changing my hair and giving myself a new look that boosts my confidence.