Where are they going?: Tyler Reyburn

Welcome to The Mav’s senior tradition, where we highlight our current seniors and discuss where they are headed
Missy Long
Tyler incorporates his love for baseball into his senior photos.

Senior Tyler Reyburn (’24) has made many accomplishments in high school and life. Tyler has been a part of Mead’s choir for four years and MHS’s baseball team. 

Alongside school involvement, Reyburn has played recreational and club baseball since he was three years old. He recently committed to Garden City Community College in Garden City, Kansas. 

Tyler said there have been many difficulties multitasking academics with all his other hobbies; however, that has not stopped him from pursuing his future and succeeding at his goals. “I have worked my butt off [to get where he is now],” said Reyburn.

Tyler has also dreamed of playing baseball since he was a little kid, and finally witnessing these dreams come true is an exciting accomplishment Reyburn’s life. “Loving baseball just opened up a lot of different doors and allowed me to meet a lot of really cool people that are willing to help me [and] be there for me,” Tyler said.

Communication with teachers, coaches, and mentors has been a key part of what has led Tyler to where he is today. He said, “I believe that if you just tell people what’s going on, and you’re open and honest with them about it, everybody’s wanting to make it work.” 

Reyburn feels incredibly accomplished with his journey, and to see how far he has come is a great gift. “It’s been really special to just be able to share that journey with the same people for as long as I can remember,” said Tyler.

A couple of challenges in growth and learning can be difficult for Reyburn because it’s lonely, but loneliness hasn’t impacted Tyler when he has good people by his side. He has surrounded himself with friends who support and understand him. These friends have cheered him on and appreciate his hard work. 

“I would say that having great friends [is important]”, said Reyburn. “Don’t settle for mediocre friends that don’t want you to be where you want to [go]. Find the people [who] push you and the people that support you, even if it is not a decision they agree with.”

Reyburn is excited to move out to Kansas and start a new chapter in life with all the success, knowledge, and great memories he will carry with him.