Teacher Feature: Ms. Hall

Mead High School welcomes new health clerk, Ms. Hall
Mead+welcomed+a+new+health+clerk+last+August.+
Tyler Reyburn
Mead welcomed a new health clerk last August.

Ms. Megan Hall has recently become our new health clerk here at Mead High School. Hall started working here this August, and so far, she has enjoyed the community here at Mead.

Ms. Hall was a CNA for ten years and still has her license. She worked as a store manager for 15 years at Maurice’s clothing store. She said, “I probably would have stayed doing that, but I had kids, and being gone a lot, it didn’t work out.” Hall decided she wanted to change her profession when the kids came around.

There is a widely unknown difference between a nurse and a health clerk. Ms. Hall said, “A nurse is someone who is a licensed and registered practitioner. They have a bachelor’s degree in nursing, often sometimes a master’s degree. There used to be a two-year program, but they are moving away from that, and now it’s a four-year program as well. A health clerk does not require any training; it’s more of a clerk position. A health clerk knows what’s going on; they know how to do it; they just don’t have the label or degree.”

Ms. Hall says a lot of the things she does are kind of behind the scenes, including helping students at Mead. She said, “I may not look super busy, but that doesn’t mean there isn’t a lot going on.” She also said, “It is also hard because there are days that are less busy than others.”

Hall decided to come to Mead because the location worked best for her. “Not only that,” she says, “I also wanted to be someplace that had a good reputation.” We welcome Ms. Hall and appreciate her taking on a position to help students whenever needed.